Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sparkle, Sparkle



I love doing portraits. There's just something about photographing people that I love-- the challenge, the results, and especially the reaction! I've focused most of my creative energy on learning how to capture people, and that's why I was a bit unprepared when asked to photograph some jewelry for an MS Benefit.

Like all things in life, you'll never learn until you do it, so... I did it! Needless to say, I won't be selling my services as a product photographer any time soon, but I was pretty happy with the results!

My husband was with me at the time, and I had him holding up a white reflector for the portraits I was shooting (poor guy). We had some downtime, which was when we were asked to shoot these -- but we didn't have a proper background!

Ingenuity and a few (dozen) test shots later, and we turned the reflector into a makeshift background. Its a little funky, but I think they came out really cool!



(Don't forget-- all images are © 2008 Pamela Follett. Contact me!)






No comments: